Invites application for the position of
Established in 1977 and incorporated in 2001 under the Companies Ordinance Chapter 32, the Hong Kong Repertory Theatre (HKRep) is a charitable institution operated with financial support from the HKSAR Government to promote, maintain, and advance the interest of the public in theatre arts. It also subscribes sponsorship from the community for productions and solicits donations from individuals for its development fund.
HKRep plays a leading role in the industry to develop diverse and quality repertoires, cultural exchanges and arts education programmes. It also operates a Black Box Theatre, a platform for young artists, new works and international collaborations.
For further details about the HKRep, please visit our website.
The Executive Director works side by side with the Artistic Director, and is to report his or her work to a governing Council. Primary responsibilities include
- Planning for development, funding application and liaison matters, and implementing the policies and corporate objectives of the Company
- Directing and supervising the Company’s administration, finance and personnel matters
- Executing and supervising the public relations, marketing, education and fund raising matters
The candidate we are looking for would be someone who
- takes a genuine interest in the performing arts
- should be a university graduate with at least 20 years working experience, of which 15 years should be in a senior managerial position in a large organization, and with rich experience in managing sizable performing arts organization preferred
- possesses an extensive network of personal contacts at senior levels in the arts and cultural sectors as well as in the public and private sectors
- is able to communicate effectively in both Chinese and English, fluency in Putonghua preferred
An interested party may send a letter of interest together with a full curriculum vitae to Hong Kong Repertory Theatre Ltd, 4/F, Sheung Wan Municipal Services Building, 345 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong or by sending an email to email@example.com
The closing date for application is 15 May 2018. Candidates who are selected for interview will receive an invitation in mid-June 2018 to further submit a statement on his or her suitability for the position, knowledge in the arts industry and ambition for further development of the Hong Kong Repertory Theatre. For enquires please contact Mr. Kenneth Luk at 3103 5903.
The Company reserves the right not to fill the position. The information provided will be used for consideration of an application.